The Unify IP phones know three shortcuts to perform functions quickly. In this article, I'll show you what they are and how to activate them.
The shortcuts presented here work on all Unify IP phones (OpenScape CP, OpenStage IP, even OptiPoint IP in HFA and SIP). However, on the SIP phones, for example, you can disallow the factory reset key combination via Web Based Management.
For a simple reboot, you press the key combination 1 and 4 and 7 at the same time. The password is the password of the admin user (123456 by default).
For a factory reset (i.e. reset to factory default) you press the key combination 2 and 8 and 9 simultaneously. The password is hard coded and is 124816. When doing a factory reset, please pay attention to how the settings were/are made (OpenScape Deployment Service. OpenScape Business DLI, IP phone Web Based Management ...). The phone is really dumb after that and needs to be completely set up again.
With the key configuration 1 and 3 and 0 you can quickly get into the administrator settings dialog. Especially good if you have IP phones with two-line displays in front of you. The password here is also that of the phone administrator (default is 123456).
Here are some more popular posts:
- Factory Reset for Openscape Desk Phone CP and OpenStage
- Error Codes in Unify SIP phones
- Error codes in Unify HFA IP phones (OpenStage and OpenScape Desk Phone CP)
- Update and flash Unify IP phone
- Configure DLS IP address in Unify IP phones
- Unify OpenScape CP and OpenStage IP phone key combinations (for factory setting and restart)
- OpenScape Business Device@Home
- Status IP station